Some tips on how to care for your kinesiology taping to get the most out of it.*
- When you are due to have taping done, if you have particularly hairy legs you may need to shave them beforehand so that the tape can stick. If you do need to shave please do so 48 hours prior, otherwise the freshly shaved skin may become irritated by the tape. (Note: a little stubble will not affect the tape sticking so do not worry you do not need super smooth legs).
- If you have any allergies to plasters or adhesives please make me aware prior to your taping session.
- You can leave it on for 5 days and it will continue to be effective and provide support during this time. I would recommend you do not leave it on for longer than 7 days.
- You can bath and shower with tape on, and you can get it wet. When you dry it ONLY towel dry it and gently pat it dry (try to avoid rubbing it). Do NOT use a hairdryer or anything similar to dry it.
- If any of the edges start to peel off, just snip the loose edges of tape with scissors (get help if it’s in an awkward place). The tape will still be effective and that way you do not have to completely remove it.
- If you get a rash, itching or blistering remove the tape asap and contact me to let me know of this problem. If you have a severe reaction please seek medical advice.
- If you have any discomfort please get in touch with me, or if the discomfort is severe please remove the tape and if necessary seek medical advice.
*Please note this is specific advice for clients who attend my clinic. If you have been to another practitioner please contact them for the relevant advice.